Saturday, May 21, 2022

A book that means a lot to me - The Lie that Binds by Amy Argent

 I was lucky to get to read this as an advance reader.  As a family member, and I won't spoil it for you, it meant the world to me to see how all this played out.  You can read my GoodReads review here: 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I could not stop reading this book. High school can be daunting, all by itself. You never truly know what is going on in another's life. For Holly Ross, life presented challenges that resulted in a cross country and cross climate relocation. For Nathan, Holly may present as another obstacle to be navigated, or will his truth be the one that binds them all. This is an exploration of all that motivates the young as they navigate the waters to reach adulthood, along with a smattering of education. It shines a light on the invisible burdens that are not so easily recognized by the world at large. Not all handicaps are visible, and the ones we place on our own hearts may do the most damage. I loved the collection of quotes that opened each chapter. I think this book could start a hundred important conversations. I plan to share it.


You can find this on Amazon, for both Kindle and print, along with other retailers


No comments: