Monday, March 10, 2008

What was he thinking?

It's a busy week and a busy day - but I still caught a few moments of one man's comments on the situation with the Gov. of NY - he (the man giving the comment) claimed he was a democrat and was "fine" with what the Gov. did.....oh but if his wife did it he would divorce her in a minute - HOLD on here - can it be true that it's ok to just break vows and laws? and think that it is just a private matter? This is a man who set out to be a LEADER of his state, and his own wife and kids can't trust his word? Doesn't anyone still think that their word is important - that when you make a promise - or put one hand on a Bible - or take an oath - your word is your bond, your honor. Where did that go, how did we get here? I'm praying for his wife and children, and for grace for the Gov. I've taken oaths, sworn testimony and I felt the power and the duty that I was bound to - a thing greater than myself. My faith and my family are both high callings in my eyes - and my public duties and oaths as well

No comments: